DTC High Performance Academy
Current/alumni Darling students
DTC High Performance Coaching Philosophy.
1) Use tennis as a way to teach kids life lessons. Learning how to handle failure and success will serve them for a lifetime.
2) We spend equal time developing the ‘person’ and the ‘athlete’ as we do the ‘tennis player’. Our goal is to teach kids balance, how to manage their time as well as self reliance. We want students to be independent and able to use creative thinking to solve their own problems both on and off the court.
3) Put the athlete first and develop a team around them. Encourage parent involvement. Encourage communication between player, parent, coach, and trainer.
4) Emphasize striving for excellence. Teach kids to focus on improvement and not results. Strive to improve on all areas of their game. (Physical, Technical, Mental.)
5) Emphasize sportsmanship and the spirit of competition. Create a competitive environment in practice to better prepare for tournaments. Teach kids how to behave at tournaments with directors, referees, other coaches, other parents, and other kids.
(10 years old and under)
(10-16 years old)
(12 years old plus with adv. ranking)
TACTICAL HELP FOR PLAYERS
- A Letter from a Kid to Tennis Parents
- What Makes A Nightmare Sports Parent — And What Makes A Great One
- SOMETIMES IT’S HARD TO BE A GYMNAST
- Sports Parents, Read This
- What Is Character?
- A Navy SEAL Explains 8 Secrets to Grit and Resilience
- University of Texas at Austin 2014 Commencement Address – Admiral William H. McRaven
- The Neuroscience of Good Coaching
- Sports Parenting in 10 Sentences
INSPIRATIONAL / MOTIVATION
Tennis For All Ages & Levels
We Have A Program For You!
Copyright © 2018 Darling Tennis Center. All Rights Reserved.